Based on an extensive survey of every school in the four major south county school districts, Partners has responded to our schools' needs and has identified how volunteers can help on campuses and in programs and organizations that serve students. This response is the launch of the new Volunteer Recruitment program - and we need you! Join the hundreds of other community members who are volunteering their time and expertise to strengthen our schools.
The goal of the Volunteer Recruitment program is to recruit businesses and individuals to volunteer their time and support local public schools in the programs and activities which school sites have identified as priority areas in need of volunteers. Additionally, Partners has created a plan and staff structure to provide support to volunteers and school sites which is necessary in coordinating efforts. The program aims to increase business and community partnerships with local schools, community nonprofits and agencies that school sites have indicated provide valuable services for their students. The goal is for Partners to take on the role of volunteer recruiter and coordinator for local schools, a responsibility schools do not have the resources or capacity to create or maintain effectively.
By volunteering your time to our local schools you will:
- Support a stronger economy and a healthier community by helping schools to prepare excellent graduates who are prepared for their future college and career goals
- Improve the learning experience for local children
- Be an asset to our teachers
- Support a high-need area of our community
- Have the chance to participate in something important to you
- Explore your strengths and teach others to find their own