COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR DISTRICTS & SCHOOLS
California Guidance for TK-12 Schools & Childcare
- August 3, 2020 Youth Sports Guidance - California Department of Public Health
- August 3,2020 Elementary Waiver Guidance - California Department of Public Health
- August 3, 2020 School Guidance FAQs - California Department of Public Health
- July 27, 2020 Distance learning FAQs - California Department of Education
- July 17, 2020 Reopening Framework for K-12 Schools - California Department of Public Health
- July 17, 2020 Industry Guidance: Schools and School-Based Guidance - California Department of Public Health / CAL OSHA
- June 8, 2020 Guidebook for the Safe Reopening of Schools - California Department of Education
- March 17, 2020 Guidance for K-12 Schools: Distance Learning, School Meals, Child Care and Student Supervision - California Department of Education
- July 22, 2020 Infection Prevention in Child Care Programs - CAL OSHA
- July 17, 2020 Industry Guidance Child Care Programs and Providers - California Department of Public Health / CAL OSHA
Santa Barbara County Guidance
PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDANCE RELATED TO SCHOOLS / CHILD CARE
HEALTH OFFICER ORDERS RELATED TO SCHOOLS / CHILD CARE
- July 23, 2020 Face coverings within Santa Barbara County
- June 12, 2020 Phased reopening within Santa Barbara County
- May 5, 2020 Defined essential and lower-risk businesses
- April 24, 2020 Essential businesses (government offices)
- All public health officer orders
Resources for Districts & Schools
Template letters for districts & schools
- Contact with someone who tests positive (English)
- Contact with someone who tests positive (Spanish)
- Member of a cohort tests positive (English)
- Member of a cohort tests positive (Spanish)
COVID-19 Collateral Material for school communities - This is a Google drive of infographics, fact sheets & videos on face coverings, handwashing, physical distancing, disinfecting, and symptoms of COVID-19
Santa Barbara County Reopening Process
The County's website outlines the steps to follow to reopening.
- Begin by reviewing the guidance published by the State of California and the County of Santa Barbara.
- Upon reviewing the guidance, perform a detailed risk assessment in accordance with the state guidelines for your industry (see below) and prepare a COVID-19 protection plan based on the guidance.
- Implement a site-specific COVID-19 protection plan (templates below). This must be kept on-site and readily available.
- Review your industry-specific guidance and complete your industry-specific checklist (below).
- Complete the attestation by completing this form.
- Post the industry-specific checklist and the attestation.
INDUSTRY GUIDANCE & CHECKLISTS
SCHOOLS & SCHOOL-BASED PROGRAMS
- Industry Guidance for Schools and School-Based Programs
- COVID-19 Prevention Plan Template for Schools & School Programs
- Industry Guidance Checklist for Child Care Programs and Providers
- COVID-19 Prevention Plan Template for Child Care Programs
- Reopening FAQs for Child Care Providers and Programs