Because babies don't come with an instruction manual, Welcome Every Baby (WEB) is here to fill in the gaps.
The first few days and weeks at home with a new baby can be a challenging time for all families, and research indicates that more than 90 percent of families can use some additional support. Welcome Every Baby nurses/lactation consultants are trained to answer your questions and connect you with the support you need. The program is simple — a registered nurse comes to visit around soon after you are home with your newborn to check on parent(s), newborn(s), and the whole family. There is no cost, and anyone can participate that is not already enrolled in a postpartum nurse home visitation program.
What can Welcome Every Baby do for you?
Having a new baby affects families in many ways. Welcome Every Baby Nurses are trained to answer your questions and connect you with the support you need. What to expect during a Welcome Every Baby home visit:
- Check baby’s health and weight
- Check mom’s health
- Support and education on feeding the baby
- Tips on bath time & changing diapers
- Tips on safe sleep
- Tips on baby’s crying
- Tips on child development
- Screen mom for Postpartum Depression
- Information about parent groups
- Discuss plans for visiting the doctor
- Information on community resources
Search and Connect to Social Support and Services.
(Financial assistance, food pantries, medical care, and other free or reduced-cost services can be found using findhelp.org)
EASY TO USE & FIND HELP!!
Visit the website: findhelp.org
- Enter your zip code to find services in your area
- Choose a category of interest: Food, Housing, Goods, Transit, Health, Money, Care, Education, Work, and Legal
- Click on a specific service or topic within your category of interest to get a brief description and contact information of agencies or programs that match your needs.
How To Sign Up for a Visit:
- At the Hospital sign the "WEB Consent Form" after the birth of your baby and a WEB representative will contact you to discuss your family's eligibility and timing for a WEB Nurse home visit.
- Call, text (805.729.1593) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) WEB after the birth of your baby to discuss your family's eligibility and timing for a WEB Nurse home visit.