COVID-19 Information and Resources
Education-Related Updates (Last updated March 23, 2020)
As of March 22, 2020, a new public health statewide order was issued stating all childcare providers and family childcare homes are required to close unless providing care for a child of a parent working in one of “essential workers”. The Governor explains that essential services are things like gas stations, pharmacies, grocery stores, food banks, take-out and delivery, banks, laundry, agriculture, healthcare, transportation, communications, essential state and local government functions. Providers who choose to provide childcare services to essential workers must use heightened cleaning and distancing rules in place for COVID-19.
If you or someone you know fall under the category of essential worker and needs childcare, please contact the Children’s Resource and Referral of Santa Barbara County in Santa Barbara 805-963-6631 or Santa Maria at 805-925-7071.
THIS INFORMATION IS ONLY FOR EMPLOYERS: Employers who want to explore setting up childcare for their own employees, can contact the Child Care Planning Council Coordinator at 805-964-4711 x 4473.
- Santa Barbara County Public Health Department Coronavirus website
- Santa Barbara County Public Health Hotline: 805-681-4373 (recorded information in English and Spanish)
- Santa Barbara County Public Health COVID-19 Terminology
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- FAQs – English | Spanish
- Fact Sheet – English | Spanish
Your support of a healthy school community is greatly appreciated.