About Our Program
The Santa Barbara County Education Office offers a variety of credentialing programs and services. Credential counseling and assistance with applications to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing are part of our Credentials Services.
CTC & Related Resources
The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) conducts licensing and credentialing activities for professional educators in California.
The California Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC) provides a wide variety of services related to Preschool and Early Childhood Education.
SBCEO Credential Programs
SBCEO operates three CTC-approved credential programs for California educators.
- Teacher Induction Program (TIP) fulfills State requirements to obtain "clear" (ie reach second tier of two-tiered credentialing system) Education Specialist, Mulitple Subject, and Single Subject Teaching Credentials
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program (PASC) fulfills requirements to earn first tier credential for administration
- Clear Administrative Services Credential Program (CASC) fulfills requirements to earn second tier credential for administration
SBCEO Credentials Services administers the following grant to help support new special educators in Santa Barbara County.
- Classified School Employees Teacher Credentialing Grant (SBC4) is available to current, non-substitute classified staff members employed at SBCEO or at a public school district or charter school in Santa Barbara County who are currently pursuing Education Specialist, Multiple Subject, or Single Subject Teaching Credentials with the intention of teaching at a public educational agency in Santa Barbara County once the credential is complete.
Find information and application here
- For other grant opportunities for local teachers, please check the SBCEO Teachers Network Page
- For Federal student aid resources, please check U.S Department of Education
Application for Temporary County Certificate allows an educator's employing district to request temporary certification while a qualifying credential/permit application is being processed by CTC and operates similar to a temporary driver license
Find application here.
Manager, Credentials Services
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5266
Certificated Human Resources Technician
(805) 964-4710, ext. 2402