Child Care Planning Council
Every county in California has a state mandated Local Planning Council funded by the California Department of Education. The Santa Barbara County Child Care Planning Council operates under the authority of the County Board of Supervisors and the County Superintendent of Schools. The overarching responsibility of the Council is for planning and coordinating early care and education services in Santa Barbara County.
We lead and collaborate in planning, coordinating and advocating for high quality, affordable and accessible early care and education for all children in Santa Barbara County.
We envision a community that values all children and their families.
We invite you to contact us or join any of our meetings, if you would like to learn more about the Council.
Council and Committee Meetings
- How can parents get more involved?
- Is the Local Planning Council state-mandated?
- Workforce Pathways: How do I enroll in the workforce pathways program?
- Workforce Pathways: How do I see the list of training sessions?
- Workforce Pathways: Am I eligible for a stipend through Workforce Pathways? Do you have to be a teacher or educator?
- Workforce Pathways: Can you tell me more about the courses?
- Workforce Pathways: Can all my required hours of professional development be done online?