Batalla de los libros
SBCEO’s Batalla De Los Libros celebrates the joy of reading in Spanish as participants tackle SBCEO's uniquely curated 14-book list spanning narrative to nonfiction and poetry to graphic novels. Dual Language Immersion (DLI) students gather in small, predetermined teams with participants from various schools to answer questions about books based on plot, setting, characterization, and theme. Winning teams advance through the tournament for the ultimate title of SBCEO Batalla de los libros Champions.
Students from county DLI programs earn a spot at this countywide competition and represent their schools and districts in this exciting community event.
Batalla de los libros 2024
SBCEO’s Batalla De Los Libros celebrates the joy of reading in Spanish as participants tackle SBCEO's uniquely curated 14-book list spanning narrative to nonfiction and poetry to graphic novels.
DATE & LOCATION:
- May 21, 2024, Tuesday
- Who can participate in the event?
- What does our school need to do in order to indicate interest in participating?
- How will we receive information and updates about the event as it nears?
- Is there a list of books from which we would be reading?
- Do we have access to these books?
- How many participants do you expect at this event?
- What is the readability of these books?
- What is the cost per student?
- Is there a registration link for the event?
A virtual information session was held and recorded December 13 with information about the upcoming countywide Batalla de los libros for 4th-6th grade students. You can view the recording here.