The SBCEO Spelling Bee creates an opportunity for the County's most passionate lexophiles to come together and compete for the titles of Santa Barbara County Spelling Bee Elementary and Junior High Champions.
Students in grades 4-6 and grades 7-9 participate in written spelling competitions respectively. The top two winners in each division of the County Bee are invited to participate in the California State Spelling Bee in May.
DATE/TIME & LOCATION:
- March 19, 2024, Tuesday, SBCEO Auditorium
Elementary Students: Check-in at 8:30 am, Program runs from 9-11:30am (Students are dismissed intermittently)
Jr. High Students: Check-in at 12:30 pm, Program runs from 1-3pm (Students are dismissed intermittently)
NOTE: The students who place first and second in the Elementary Spelling Bee and Jr. High Spelling Bee will be selected to represent Santa Barbara County in each division of the State spelling bee which will be held in San Joaquin County, April 27, 2024.
- Does my child need a chaperone for the entire competition?
- What happens if my child wins the SBCEO Spelling Bee?
- Can my child bring a snack or drink on the day of the Spelling Bee?
- Can I watch my child compete during the Spelling Bee in the auditorium?
- As a parent, can I register my child for the SBCEO Spelling Bee?