Autoresponder Login & FAQ
Email Autoresponder Introduction
The email autoresponder provides automatic notification to email senders that you are away and will respond upon your return. The first time you use the autoresponder, you will see a template with brackets around the words which you need to replace. You are able to add or remove any of the text. However, in order for your changes to be saved, you must click on the Submit Autoresponder Configuration button. Once you have saved your changes, this will be your template the next time you use your email autoresponder.
If you make a mistake and do not want to save the changes you made (as long as you have not already clicked the Submit Autoresponder Configuration button), you can click on the Logout link at the top of the screen.
We have included a sample template below which you can copy and paste into the box if you want the original wording. You can then modify the template with your information. If you have any questions, please contact the help desk at 964-4710 ext. 5250.
Email Autoresponder Set-up Instructions
1. Go to http://www.sbceo.org/userdir and enter your user name (the first part of your email address before the @ sign) and password.
2. Click on the Login button.
3. Click on the Email Setup link.
4. Insert your information into the template (over-riding the brackets and the words within them if you are a first-time user).
5. Review the changes you made, as this email will be sent to all the people that send you an email while you are away, as well as any email list that you are subscribed to.
6. Click the box to the right of Activate Autoresponder, you will see a checkmark appear.
7. Click on the Submit Autoresponder Configuration button and this will save your changes and enable your autoresponder.
8. Click on the Logout link at the top of the page.
9. To ensure you have created the autoresponder you want people to see while you are away, simply send yourself an email and you will get your autoresponder message back so you can review it.
10. If you discover that you need to make changes, you must login again, click the box to the right of Activate Autoresponder to remove the checkmark and then click on Submit Autoresponder Configuration.
11. Now you can make the desired changes and follow steps 3 - 7 above until you are satisfied with your message.
Email Autoresponder Deactivation Instructions
The email autoresponder will continue sending out messages until you deactivate it by following the steps below:
1. Click on the box to the right of Activate Autoresponder to remove the checkmark.
2. Click on the Submit Autoresponder Configuration button and this will save your changes and disable your autoresponder.
3. Click on the Logout link at the top of the page.
Subject: Out of office until Friday, June 30
I will be out of the office from June 26 - June 29. I will read the email you sent regarding "$SUBJECT" when I return on June 30.
If you need immediate assistance, you can email email@example.com or call 555-5555, ext. 5555.
*Note: The "$SUBJECT" above is automatically replaced by the subject line from the sender's email.