Autoresponder Login & FAQ
Email Autoresponder Introduction
The email autoresponder provides automatic notification to email senders to communicate anything you wish. You are able to add or remove any of the text that you might already have setup in your autoresponder from previous use. However, in order for your changes to be saved, you must click on the Submit Autoresponder Configuration button. Once you have saved your changes, this will be your template the next time you use your email autoresponder.
If you make a mistake and do not want to save the changes you made (as long as you have not already clicked the Submit Autoresponder Configuration button), you can click on the Logout link at the top of the screen. We have included a sample template below which you can copy and paste into the box if you want to use some of our wording. You can then modify the template with your information. If you have any questions, please contact the help desk at 964-4710 ext. 5250.
Email Autoresponder Set-up Instructions
1. Go to https://server3.sbceo.org/userdir/login.jsp and enter your user name (the first part of your email address before the @ sign) and password.
2. Click on the Click to Login button.
3. Click on the Email Setup link.
4. Insert your information into the template (over-riding the brackets and the words within them if you are a first time user).
5. Review the changes you made, as this email will be sent to all the people that send you an email, as well as any maillist that you are subscribed to.
6. Click the box to the right of Activate Autoresponder, you will see a checkmark appear.
7. Click on the Submit Autoresponder Configuration button and this will save your changes and enable your autoresponder.
8. Click on the Logout link at the top of the page.
9. To ensure you have created the autoresponder you want people to see while you are away, simply send yourself an email and you will get your autoresponder message back so you can review it.
10. If you discover that you need to make changes, you must login again, click the box to the right of Activate Autoresponder to remove the checkmark and then click on Submit Autoresponder Configuration.
11. Now you can make the desired changes and follow steps 3 - 7 above until you are satisfied with your message.
Email Autoresponder Deactivation Instructions
The email autoresponder will continue sending out messages until you deactivate it by following the steps below:
1. Click on the box to the right of Activate Autoresponder to remove the checkmark.
2. Click on the Submit Autoresponder Configuration button and this will save your changes and disable your autoresponder
3. Click on the Logout link at the top of the page.
You can copy the template below and paste it into the Autoresponder box, overwriting what is already there. Please remember once you copy/paste this template, go in and change the username to your SBCEO account name, type in your new email address and type in your name at the bottom of the email. We’ve noted these areas below in red.
Subject: Email Address Change
I will no longer be using my email@example.com address. Effective immediately, please begin using my new email address firstname.lastname@example.org