The Santa Barbara County Education Office's Human Resources division administers personnel functions, registers credentials for county teachers, and provides help to applicants for new credentials or renewals. The division manages a fingerprint records cooperative for school districts for multiple-district substitute teachers, and helps school districts with legal and policy issues relating to school district employment. STRS Regional Counseling Service (California State Teachers’ Retirement System) provides pre-retirement counseling, by appointment, to CalSTRS members.
Santa Barbara Countywide Education Job Fair
North County: Santa Maria-Bonita School District Souza Center (708 S. Miller St., Santa Maria), Saturday, Feb. 25, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Press Release: Jan. 24, 2023
Download a printable flyer
School districts throughout Santa Barbara County are seeking the best talent to serve students and keep schools and offices operating effectively. In addition to teachers and instructional support staff, schools need professionals in information technology, accounting, human resources, maintenance, and other fields. Not all jobs require a teaching credential or even a college degree. Join us and find out about all the career opportunities that exist in the rewarding field of education.
This event is free, open to the public, and does not require pre-registration.
At this event, you can connect with:
- staff from local school districts throughout Santa Barbara County with details about job openings at a district near you
- a representative from the local Child Care Planning Council who will share information about career opportunities in early childhood education with preschools throughout the county
- a representative from the Alternative Payment Program who can provide information about available financial assistance for childcare with a provider of your choice
- representatives from colleges and universities that offer credential programs and other courses of study for those interested in careers in education
- credentials specialists to get advice and guidance about pursuing a career as a credentialed education professional, such as a teacher, speech pathologist, or school nurse.
This event is proudly hosted by the Santa Barbara County Education Office.
Mari Minjarez Baptista
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5279
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5256
Gillian (Jill) Stevens
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5210
(805) 964-4710, ext. 2211
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5266
Human Resources Supervisor
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5208
Classified Human Resources Specialist
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5212
Certificated Human Resources Technician
(805) 964-4710, ext. 2402
Certificated Human Resources Specialist
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5353
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5288
Classified Human Resources Analyst
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5225