About Our Benefits
At the Santa Barbara County Education Office, benefits-eligible employees have access to a variety of benefits and opportunities to enhance the quality of their lives. Some of these differ depending on employment as a part-time or full-time employee. The following is a list of examples of what benefits may be included. SBCEO employees can login to the Intranet to find more specific information.
Insurance, Income Protection, and Tax-Savings Plans
Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans are available to employees who regularly work at least 50% (20 hours) or more.
- Medical/Vision (PPO)
- Dental (HMO/PPO)
- Voluntary life insurance
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Voluntary long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary short-term disability - We offer this plan for employees who want coverage for accidents or temporary medical conditions that may keep them out of work. SBCEO does not participate in State Disability Insurance.
- Voluntary supplemental insurance plans
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Protection
- Personal Accident
- Personal Cancer
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Medical Reimbursement
- 529 college savings plan
- CalSTRS Welcome Video
- CalPERS YouTube Channel
- 403(b) and 457 retirement savings plans. Take advantage of tax-deferred savings in order to supplement your pension benefits in retirement. SBCEO does not participate in Social Security for regular employees.
- Retiree health benefits available
The paid time off benefits listed below are pro-rated based on the employee’s full-time equivalent (FTE) and calendar. Individual benefits will also be based on position, bargaining unit, length of service, and other applicable factors.
- Paid vacation for eligible positions
- Sick leave - 12 days per year, with unlimited accrual
- Holidays - 14 days per year, based on the Central Office Calendar. School site calendars vary.
Membership & Employee Discounts
- Coastal Housing Partnership
- Holman Group Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Unions
- Santa Barbara Teachers Federal Credit Union
- Santa Barbara Federal Credit Union
- Employee Discounts
- LinkedIn Learning
- Classified Employee Professional Growth Program
- Grant Programs
(805) 964-4710, ext. 2211
Benefits and Employee Relations Analyst
(805) 964-4710, ext. 5288