- Santa Barbara County Education Office
- COVID-19 Staff Resources
June 23, 2020
Dear SBCEO Family,
Last week, Governor Newsom and the California Department of Public Health issued an order that all Californians wear face coverings under specific circumstances, including in the workplace. Because some staff are currently working on our campuses, we wanted to advise you that face coverings are required under the following circumstances while working at SBCEO:
- When moving to and from your work area to another place such as the restroom, copy room, or other communal spaces including hallways, stairways, elevators, and parking facilities
- Any time you are unable to maintain 6 feet of distance and there is not a barrier between you and other employees
- Anytime you are engaged in work with a member of the public (by appointment only)
At this time, you are not required to wear a face covering while at your work area provided you are able to maintain 6 feet of distance or there is a physical barrier.
Please note, the order lists several exceptions including, but not limited to:
- Persons who are deaf/hard of hearing, or communicating with a person who is deaf/hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Persons for whom wearing a face covering would create a risk to the person related to their work, as determined by local, state, or federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines.
If one of these, or other exceptions applies to you, please contact your supervisor or Human Resources.
Signage regarding face coverings will be posted at all three campuses in the coming days.
We look forward to seeing you - and your masks - on campuses and sites!