- Santa Barbara County Education Office
- COVID-19 Staff Resources
June 25, 2020
Dear SBCEO Family,
This message aims to provide you with more information about our transition to on-site work on campuses beginning on July 1 and phased in throughout the month.
This week, supervisors participated in a Zoom meeting about reopening our campuses to support a safe and healthy return for all staff. We discussed preventing the spread of COVID-19, workspace evaluations for physical distancing, daily self-wellness checks, cleaning and disinfecting, Personal Protective Equipment, processes for handling COVID-19 cases, individual employee concerns, signage, and survey responses.
Two FAQ documents are now available to support us as we work through this transition. Please review them and reach out to your supervisor with any questions or concerns.
- Reopening FAQ Based on your survey responses, the meetings with supervisors, guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (SBCPHD), and the California Department of Education (CDE).
- Employment FAQ This document focuses on leaves and pay-related questions. It was recently updated to reflect the current situation. Our Human Resources staff is preparing informational sessions via Zoom on leaves and pay, and an invitation will be distributed to all staff next week.
Per SBCPHD’s requirements, we have posted our COVID-19 Prevention Plan. This plan is a living document and will be adjusted as new information and guidance become available.
Over the next week, it may be helpful to review these resources provided by the CDC:
- Protecting Yourself and Others
- How COVID-19 spreads
- Cloth Face Coverings
- CDC YouTube Channel with materials in English and Spanish
Finally, thank you for your continued support and flexibility during these transitions. Throughout all of this, you have provided essential support for youth, families, educators, the community, and each other - thank you. We look forward to seeing you soon.
With heartfelt thanks,