- Santa Barbara County Education Office
- COVID-19 Staff Resources
August 7, 2020
Dear SBCEO Family,
As you head into your weekend, we wanted to share a few pieces of good news and a resource available to help you and your family during this time.
- The latest issue of KIT (Keeping in Touch) is now available. Learn about the great work in Child Development, Transitional Youth Services, and Internal Services, among other programs and department Vote for your favorite face coverings. Meet a new baby and a new employee while bidding farewell to Susan Pachter. Learn about friendly URLs, the new Escape Portal FAQs, College & Career Readiness (CTE), and more! Please send future suggestions and content to Valerie Cantella email@example.com. (*Remember, you must be logged into the Intranet to view KIT.)
- Computers for Families will be on KEYT Channel 3 tonight at 6:30 p.m. It will show the significant support they’ve provided for over 600 families during COVID-19. Here's the link..
- New COVID-19 resources for SISC/Anthem members have been added here and our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) has a series of no-cost pre-recorded seminars found at anthemeap.com. Enter the Company Code SISC and select Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources. Some of the available topics include:
- Talking with your child about COVID-19
- The intersection of uncertainty and parenting
- Living in uncertain times
- Financial uncertainty
- When & where to get medical advice
- How to keep your family healthy
- Meditation and mindfulness exercise
The EAP also provides individual support to any employee in need. Call (800) 999-7222 to access services.
Finally, I urge you to follow the state and local guidelines regarding wearing face coverings over your nose and mouth, and physical distancing to the greatest extent possible. The more consistently we all follow these directives, the more quickly we can all be together safely again.